xserver: Branch 'master'

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Wed Jan 7 08:55:13 PST 2009

Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 11:25:11AM -0800, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade
> wrote:
>> -extern CallbackListPtr XaceHooks[XACE_NUM_HOOKS];
>> +extern _X_EXPORT CallbackListPtr XaceHooks[XACE_NUM_HOOKS];
>
> ?!?

  If the symbols are in a installed sdk header, they presumably
must be exported. I feel that vector could be static in xace.c,
but if it must be used by other shared objects, it would still
be required at least a function returning a pointer to a callback.

  In the commit I also wrote about using a format like:
extern /* NOEXPORT */ type name ...;
to let people know it is in the public sdk header, but not meant
to be used by other shared objects, and what would be the proper
solution, that is to have a private header for these cases.

  The XaceHook() function must be exported, or at least extmod
will fail due to it being an unresolved symbol.

  Also note that if you configure with --disable-visibility, or
the compiler doesn't support it, that symbol would be available
anyway.

Paulo