Very large resolutions

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 15:38:37 PST 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Steve W <steve-xorg at witucke.net> wrote:
> I seem to remember a thread a while back where someone was talking about the
> limits of the size of a combined screen that can be produced.

I believe that discussion was about the limited size of the hardware
texture buffers, which limited the resolution of 3D effects.

It should only be an issue if you want to use all six monitors with
Compiz special effects. If you don't want things like wobbly windows,
there shouldn't be a problem.

--
William Tracy
afishionado at gmail.com -- wtracy at calpoly.edu
Vice President, Cal Poly Linux Users' Group
http://www.cplug.org

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your
right to say it."
    -- Evelyn Beatrice Hall, frequently mis-attributed to Voltaire