Increasing the frame buffer size

Dirk Hohndel hohndel at infradead.org
Tue Jan 6 09:10:41 PST 2009

On Tue, 06 Jan 2009 18:01:21 +0100
Xavier Bestel <xavier.bestel at free.fr> wrote:

> You can add a directive in your Xorg config file:
>
> 	Virtual 1920 1200
>
> so that the maximum screen size is correct for you.

This used to have to go into the Display SubSection. Which is where I
am struggling. I can't seem to create a config file that keeps the nice
flexibility of having no config file (let the server figure everything
out) and still allows me to have a Display SubSection...
Once I have that, I seem to need a screen section which requires a
Device section and a Monitor section and... it turns very inflexible.

Any way around that?

/D