intel without connected monitor

strawks strawks at yahoo.fr
Tue Jan 6 05:38:22 PST 2009

On 02/01/2009 13:49, Stephen Williams wrote:
> I had a similar problem with my Mac Mini which fails to detect the
> connected LCD TV if booted whilst the TV is in standby.
>
> I forced detection of the TV with the following one line code change
> to i830_sdvo.c in the i830_sdvo_detect routine:
>
> [...]
>
> I don't know whether the same change will work for you as you're not
> using the same hardware but the issues sound similar enough to be
> worth a shot.

thanks for the hint, it seems to work (I can't really tell atm because
I'm trying remotely but the X starts and xdpyinfo reports 1920x1080 at 50Hz
so it should be OK).

BTW as I'm not using sdvo but hdmi I modified i830_hdmi_detect in
i830_hdmi.c.

It would be nice to have a way to force the driver to use a specific
mode even if no monitor is detected without hacking it.

Thanks again.
--
strawks