xsetpointer deprecated?

Sascha Hlusiak saschahlusiak at arcor.de
Mon Jan 5 15:16:30 PST 2009

Hi,

Am Montag, den 05.01.2009, 23:34 +0100 schrieb Philipp Kerling:
> > Otherwise, you'd have to grab both device and pointer + keyboard and just drop
> > all core events for the time being.
> Is there really no "easy" way to do this dynamically at runtime in the
> new XInput interface now that the old one xsetpointer uses is
> deprecated? xsetpointer does exactly what I want. And if there really is
> no "new" way, how long will the "old" one be supported?
At least with MPX you can set a device to 'floating', meaning to detach
it from any master device, so it won't generate core events anymore. The
xinput utility will let you do that easily, but you need stuff from git
master.

Using input properties with xorg-server-1.5 will let you disable devices
using xinput. But I think in disabled state, the device won't generate
any events anymore.

- Sascha