Transform option of xrandr

Éric Piel E.A.B.Piel at tudelft.nl
Mon Jan 5 03:05:04 PST 2009

Hello,
There is not yet manpage documentation for the --transform and --scale
options of xrandr. I'm willing to write a patch, but I'm not exactly
sure about what they do. At least, playing with them with the intel
driver I only managed to get the reported shape of the screen changed,
while the effective output stayed the same.

--scale seems reasonably obvious, but did I correctly guess that the
matrix of --transform is read like:
 a b c
 d e f
 g h i
And that it corresponds to the usual 2x2 rotational matrix with an
additional collumn and line for the scaling?

Any hint to lead me to the right track?

See you,
Eric