i945gma 2048x2048 limit, how to use DRI & XRandR?

Ondrej Balaz ondra at blami.net
Thu Jan 1 17:41:24 PST 2009

Hello,
is there possibility that this issue with limited virtual screen size
(framebuffer size) will be solved soon? I just bought new monitor
(1680x1050) as extension to my ultraportables (IBM X60s/1024x768) screen
which is good for ssh, web but not for Eclipse and so on. I'm not able
to use those two with side-by-side layout with DRI because 2704 > 2048.
It's annoying. Currently I'm using top-down layout but my docking
solution is side-by-side (have laptop stand and only one small desk :).
Is there any way to set at least one display as DRI capable or so? I
found some ML entries about possibility to solve this, but what's real
status? Can I help somehow?

Using Debian/GNU Linux 2.6.27/dri with 7.4 Xorg from experimental, DRI
works fine with <=2048x2048 fb.

Dualhead setup works in Windows XP SP3 with 3D acceleration on both
monitors so it's possible I think.

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

Thank you for replies and I'm sorry, my english isn't good.

--
Ondřej Baláž