[EDIT] Why do I need mouse acceleration to move windows and click buttons?

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 09:56:33 PST 2009

On Thursday 26 February 2009 18:13:01 Dirk wrote:
> Well, then you haven't had it re-enabling itself over and over again to
> interfere with your games, yet.
>
> Xavier Bestel wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 18:58 +0100, Dirk wrote:
> >> People who believe they need an accelerated pointer to click buttons or
> >> move windows are not bright enough to realize the absence of
> >> acceleration anyways.
> >
> > Sorry for not being bright enough for you, but I do enjoy acceleration.
> >
> > 	Xav

a) you probably need to disable the acceleration in whatever preferences utility
your window manager / desktop environment provide

b) guys, there *are* cases where a hi-res mouse pretty much obviates "pointer
acceleration" and mocking someone for wanting to turn it off is ... puerile.

In fact, what's probably needed is the ability to *decelerate* the thing when
you want to position something accurately ... :)