xkbcomp errors on Xfbdev

Takács Áron takacs.aron at infracont.hu
Wed Feb 25 05:09:33 PST 2009

Hi,

I want to use an Xfbdev server on an embedded board. I have
cross-compiled it along with the needed libraries, and I can start it, I
can run my application upon it, but I have some problems. I start Xfbdev
as follows:

 Xfbdev -br -mouse tslib,,device=/dev/input/event1 -keybd keyboard -fp
/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi,/lib/X11/fonts/misc

- I cannot change the keyboard layout. Whithout xkbd-config the keyboard
is working, the layout is english (default, I guess). After installing
xkbd-config I get a lot of errors on server startup, and the keyboard is
not working. The keyboard is a USB type. The error messages are these:
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_1: line 8 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_2: line 11 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_3: line 14 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_4: line 17 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_5: line 20 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_6: line 23 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_7: line 26 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_8: line 29 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_9: line 32 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_10: line 35 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_11: line 38 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_12: line 41 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Ungrab: line 45 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_ClearGrab: line 48 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Next_VMode: line 51 of xfree86
expected keysym, got XF86_Prev_VMode: line 54 of xfree86
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
 > Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
 >                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
 > Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
 >                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
 > Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
 >                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
 > Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
 >                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
 > Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
 >                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
 > Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
 >                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
 > Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
 >                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
 > Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
 >                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
 > Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
 >                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
 > Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
 >                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
 > Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
 >                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
 > Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
 >                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
 > Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
 >                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
 > Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
 >                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
 > Warning:          Multiple interpretations of "NoSymbol+AnyOfOrNone(all)"
 >                   Using last definition for duplicate fields
expected keysym, got XF86Display: line 69 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86KbdLightOnOff: line 70 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86KbdBrightnessDown: line 71 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86KbdBrightnessUp: line 72 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_1: line 79 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_2: line 83 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_3: line 87 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_4: line 91 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_5: line 95 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_6: line 99 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_7: line 103 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_8: line 107 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_9: line 111 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_10: line 115 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_11: line 119 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86_Switch_VT_12: line 123 of pc
expected keysym, got XF86_Ungrab: line 90 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_ClearGrab: line 96 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Prev_VMode: line 102 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Next_VMode: line 112 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Ungrab: line 247 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_ClearGrab: line 248 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Prev_VMode: line 249 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Next_VMode: line 251 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Ungrab: line 274 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_ClearGrab: line 275 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Prev_VMode: line 276 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Next_VMode: line 278 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Ungrab: line 302 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_ClearGrab: line 303 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Prev_VMode: line 304 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Next_VMode: line 306 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Ungrab: line 328 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_ClearGrab: line 329 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Prev_VMode: line 330 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Next_VMode: line 332 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Ungrab: line 511 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_ClearGrab: line 512 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Prev_VMode: line 513 of keypad
expected keysym, got XF86_Next_VMode: line 514 of keypad
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server

I get these errors twice.

- Another problem is that I cannot turn off the screensaver. I have
configured xserver with the following command:

./configure --host=arm-linux --prefix=/opt/arm-linux
--enable-null-root-cursor --disable-aiglx --disable-registry
--disable-composite --disable-shm --disable-xres --disable-xv
--disable-xvmc --disable-dga --disable-screensaver --disable-xdmcp
--disable-xdm-auth-1 --disable-glx --disable-dri --disable-dri2
--disable-xinerama --disable-xf86vidmode --disable-xf86misc
--disable-xace --disable-xselinux --disable-xsecurity --enable-tslib
--disable-xevie --disable-cup --disable-evi --disable-dbe
--disable-xf86bigfont --disable-dpms --disable-config-hal
--disable-xfree86-utils --disable-xorg --disable-xvfb --disable-xnest
--disable-xquartz --disable-x11app --disable-xwin --enable-kdrive
--disable-xephyr --disable-xsdl --disable-xfake --enable-xfbdev
--disable-kdrive-vesa --disable-install-setuid --disable-secure-rpc
--disable-xorgcfg --disable-kbd_mode

Any help are highly appreciated, because I have googled a lot but found
nothing useful.
Thanks!

Áron

p.s: