[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.6.2

Khashayar Naderehvandi khashayar.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 04:20:16 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net> wrote:
> Here comes a pretty significant bugfix release for the 2.6 2D series.
> The goal of this release is to get out the major fixes for GEM and KMS
> that we think we've pounded on enough to be stable -- certainly more
> stable than previously.  Notable fixes include a significant BO memory
> usage reduction (which many have suffered from with compositing),
> textured XV suppor twith KMS, and rotation support with KMS.  Some
> infrequent failure to render/xv with GEM on 965 (dmesg warnings about
> being unable to bind objects) should also be fixed.
>
> But perhaps the exciting thing for most people will be the dynamic front
> buffer allocation.  We nearly slipped this into 2.6.0, but decided that
> it was just a little too new.  Well, turns out it was actually in good
> shape, and it's time to get it out there.  You'll need UXA to do this.

I'm having problems compiling this release on my machine. The error I
see is the following:
../../src/i830_memory.c: In function ‘i830_allocator_init’:
../../src/i830_memory.c:542: error: ‘I915_SETPARAM_NUM_USED_FENCES’
undeclared (first use in this function)
../../src/i830_memory.c:542: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
../../src/i830_memory.c:542: error: for each function it appears in.)

This is on ubuntu jaunty with the following stack
xorg server: 1.5.99.902
mesa: 7.4 branch updated as of today (Feb 25th)
libdrm 2.4.5

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Khashayar