compiz and xorg-server 1.5.99.903

Tony Bones aaroboneml at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 19:15:18 PST 2009

Went back to 1.5.99.901 and compiz started up correctly.  Then went to .902
and compiz starts corrctly.  But with .903 compiz fails with:

Checking for Xgl: not present.
xset q doesn't reveal the location of the log file. Using fallback
/var/log/Xorg.0.log
No whitelisted driver found
SKIP_CHECKS is yes, so continuing despite problems.
Checking for texture_from_pixmap: not present.
Trying again with indirect rendering:
Checking for texture_from_pixmap: present.
Checking for non power of two support: present.
Checking for Composite extension: present.
Comparing resolution (1920x1080) to maximum 3D texture size (4096): Passed.
Checking for nVidia: not present.
Checking for FBConfig: present.
Checking for Xgl: not present.
Starting emerald
/usr/bin/compiz (core) - Fatal: Root visual is not a GL visual
/usr/bin/compiz (core) - Error: Failed to manage screen: 0
/usr/bin/compiz (core) - Fatal: No manageable screens found on display :0