Hand built git X doesn't start properly

Alex Bennee kernel-hacker at bennee.com
Tue Feb 17 11:09:21 PST 2009

Hi,

Almost there now. I seem to have successfully built git based X by
hand. However now when I startx the monitor just stays blank and X
emits the follow:

(==) Log file: "/home/alex/src/xorg/install/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time:
Tue Feb 17 18:46:11 2009
(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
(EE) Failed to load module "freetype" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) Failed to load module "record" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) intel(0): First SDVOB output reported failure to sync
(EE) intel(0): Failed to set tiling on front buffer: rejected by kernel
(EE) intel(0): First SDVOB output reported failure to sync
The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Error:            Can't find file "uk" for symbols include
>                   Exiting
>                   Abandoning symbols file "default"
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server
No protocol specified

waiting for X server to begin accepting connections .
No protocol specified
..
No protocol specified
..
No protocol specified

The "No protocol specified" line keeps repeating until I kill X. My
system built X works fine with the same config. My config and log are
attached.

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
CV: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/cv.php