multihead / dual input howto (two local users, keyboards etc.)?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Feb 16 02:44:34 PST 2009

Miroslav Halas schrieb:
> Hello Tomasz,
>
> I wanted to thank you for awesome howto on the multiterminal. I have
> found it through the xorg mailing list and it worked like a charm. I am
> on Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy and I have tried 3 solutions, userful, mdm and your
> howto and I like the howto the best. I am using Nvidia GForce2 MX (AGP
> and PCI, got off ebay for $6) and two Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop
> (wireless keyboard and mouse) sets both hooked up via USB and everything
> works great. The only problem I have discovered so far is with fast user
> switching which locks up the computer and I am going to report it as a
> bug. FUS doesn't work in mdm either so there is no advantage of one
> solution to another.

It also locks up for me with user switching.
Also, when I log out the user from :1, it does something bad to session
on :0 - monitor does not detect any output any more, but the session is
still running (nothing is displayed, so it's not of much use).
No such phenomenon if I log out the user in session :0.

> There is only two changes I did from your configuration and that is
> 1. I specified both of my keyboards and mice using /dev/input/by-path
> since they are both hooked up via USB
> 2. I had to use
>    Option         "XkbModel" "evdev"
> since without in many of the keys on the keyboard (such as arrow keys)
> didn't work.
>
> I can modify your Wiki page to include these changes there if you would
> like to or I can leave it up to you. I am also attaching my xorg.conf

I'm sure anyone will be able to fix simple issues like that on his/her own.

As a side not, I was wondering if it's possible to set up multiseat
using just one card (i.e. two seats with one ATI card which has VGA and
DVI outputs)?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org