Intel X4500HD and DisplayPort

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Sat Feb 14 20:29:21 PST 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 04:50 +0100, Miguel Angel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if DisplayPort output is supported for this card. I
> read somewhere that the DisplayPort works and would be reported as
> 'HDMI-1'.

It's not quite working yet; I got started, but the weird DDC stuff in DP
stymied my efforts.

> I'm using Intel's driver version 2.6.1 for the mobile version of the
> card. The available outputs are VGA, LVDS, HDMI-1, HDMI-2 and TV.
> However, with the displayport connected, both HDMI outputs appear
> disconnected. I've googled about this issue but didn't find anything
> useful.

The two HDMI outputs are just the driver being confused by the DP
connections; with the DP detection code in place, you'll not see those,
but (for now), you won't get DP either. I'm hoping to get back to this
shortly.

For now, you'll have to use the VGA connector (a disappointment, I
know).

keith.packard at intel.com