GL_EXT_framebuffer_object on Intel GM45 with 2.6.1 drivers

Jérôme Poulin jeromepoulin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 09:08:46 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm currenly owner of a 6530b laptop with an Intel Graphics Media
Accelerator 4500MHD also known as the chipset GM45 in Linux, I currently use
the following setup:
xorg 1.5.3 server
video-intel 2.6.1 drivers
mesa 7.2
libdrm 2.4.3
dri2proto 1.99.3

And I would like to know if it is possible to have the following extension
using this video card: *GL_EXT_framebuffer_object*
VMWare seems to need it to get 3D acceleration working, and I'd like to know
if there's any development on this extension? If not, can I add it to the
wishlist?
And I would just like to add that compiz is very very very slow on this
card, but at least works :) Any improvement scheduled yet?

Thank you, I hope you have all the informations you need to answer.
Jérôme