Resolution 1360x768 not selected

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Mon Feb 9 05:14:38 PST 2009

On 2009/02/09 12:47 (GMT+0100) Jan Engelhardt composed:

> I need assistance in finding out just why on earth xorg decides not to
> use 1360x768 despite the monitor returning this in the DDC and having
> it in the Modes/PreferredMode option.

> Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.ca/1329034
> xorg.conf: http://pastebin.ca/1329035

Finding out the meaning of the (EE) lines should tell. I see several, but
don't know their significance.

If it was me, I'd try changing PreferredMode to 1280x768, since that's what a
quick Google turned up as the native mode. If it doesn't work that way, I'd
try adding 'Option "NoDDC"' to 'Section "Device"' and try again. Next I'd try
rerunning sax2, and select a generic LCD 1440x900 and see what happens, since
most wide 19" (closest to probed dimensions in Xorg.0.log) displays are
natively 1440x900, 1360x768 doesn't compute directly to either of the common
16:10 or 16:9 modes, and if still no go try selecting 1440x900 or 1280x768 In
SaX2. If still no go, I'd goto DKT web site to see if any assistance might be
available. Looking at the probed DDC and the stats I found with Google, I
have to think the stats or EDID and/or probed DDC is broken. What is it, 26"?
19"? Is it new? If it is, I'd take it back and get something that uses a
standard 16:9 or 16:10 native mode.

cf. http://fm.no-ip.com/auth/displays.xhtml
http://www.hdtvreview.com/Decktron-DL26-B00P-hdtv.html
--
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your
mouths, but only what is helpful for building

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/