Patch noise [Was: GIT Noise]

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Fri Feb 6 04:50:48 PST 2009

On 02/06/2009 01:21 PM, Igor Mozolevsky wrote:
> 2009/2/6 Maarten Maathuis:
>
>> If you were really seeing a duplicate of a git commit list, then you
>> would see a whole different picture. For you patches may just be
>> noise, but that's not the case for everyone.
>
> So ok then, what is the purpose of posting thousands of patches to xorg list?

To have them reviewed (if the patch is controversial or the author isn't
sure of its correctness), or because the person doesn't have commit
access to the repositories. It's unfortunate that I posted my patches
and at the same time pcpa had his access rights revoked and had to send
the patches through the list. In the past the xorg list hasn't received
that many patches.

tom