[ANNOUNCE] xf86-input-synaptics 1.0.0

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Feb 5 16:01:50 PST 2009

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 06:35:13PM +0100, Matthias Hopf wrote:
> On Feb 02, 09 10:07:16 +1000, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> > Finally, we decided to go for a 1.0 release since 0.99.3 has been slumbering
> > for too long.
> >
> > Notable improvements since the 0.15.2 release:
>
> git has still 0.15.2 in configure.ac.

Fixed, thanks.

> And there is no tag. At least no tag object.
> git tag -a xf86-input-synaptics-1.0.0

cgit claims it has the tag, with an object attached to it.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-input-synaptics/tag/?id=xf86-input-synaptics-1.0.0

> Also I cannot configure the wheel emulation any more, which worked
> before on this laptop. Is there a known issue, or where can I look at?

The configuration of scrolling hasn't changed, only the autodetection.
VertEdgeScroll for edge scrolling should work, assuming that the touchpad
reports the correct RightEdge. If not, you may have to adjust RightEdge
manually.

Cheers,
  Peter