extension init cleanup

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Thu Feb 5 13:53:08 PST 2009

Tomas Carnecky wrote:
> I tried to clean up the header files that contain declarations
> for the various extension. Basically, in the end the header
> include/extinit.h contains the declarations of the extension
> init functions and declarations of the noXxxExtension booleans,
> sorted and put under their respective ifdef guards.
> It's that many patches because I tried to keep each commit
> as simple as possible, to make it easier to review. It should
> also be git-bisect friendly, meaning that after each single
> commit the tree builds.
>
> If you would rather see the patches, I can send them to the
> list as well. But I think I spammed the list enough yesterday
> so today it's just this cover mail.

  Hi,

  I Just looked up superficially, as I curious about the
"Clean up declarations to make sdksyms.sh happy" commit.

  I did not track in which commit the prototypes were
added to extinit.h, but if a symbol there is to be used
by other shared objects, you should use
extern _X_EXPORT type name();
and not just
extern type name();

  There is already enough mess in the source tree, so, if
you added _X_EXPORT to the function definition, I suggest
reconsider :-), as it makes it harder to have automated
tools handling this stuff... And the only usages in sources,
so far are basically GL and fooModuleData.
  The problem of adding it to sources is also mainly due
to way too much functions declared by macros; Things
things like xf86rename.h can easily get out of control.