xorg/driver/xf86-input-magellan: Janitor: make distcheck, .gitignore.

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Wed Feb 4 14:59:42 PST 2009

Dan Nicholson wrote:

>>  Another trivial patch.
>
> Looking at another one of these, I see small nit.
>
> configure.ac:
> XORG_CFLAGS="$XORG_CFLAGS $CWARNFLAGS"
>
> Makefile.am:
> AM_CFLAGS = $(XORG_CFLAGS)
>
> It would be nicer if it was just
>
> Makefile.am:
> AM_CFLAGS = $(XORG_CFLAGS) $(CWARNFLAGS)
>
> Then I can actually manipulate the warning flags when I build instead
> of just using what configure came up with. I.e.,
>
> make CWARNFLAGS="-Werror"
>
> if I'm so inclined. Not a big deal, though.

  This is something that could be done in a "second pass",
and "from now on". The current changes leave CFLAGS alone,
but the "hardcoding" of verbose compiler warnings may not
be always desirable, and needing to patch util-macros
to achieve that may not be the better idea.
  But maybe, XORG_CWARNFLAGS should be modified to
also automatically handle a -Werror configure option,
and add it to $CWARNFLAGS?

Paulo