Current tinderbox regression (xhost)

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 20:22:58 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:20 PM, Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
<pcpa at mandriva.com.br> wrote:
> Daniel Stone wrote:
>> Hi,
>
>  Hi,
>
>>>   I hope this is not a final decision. And would hope for a
>>> more formal message, other then a notification in IRC while
>>> I am marked as away, and due to no response in 30 minutes
>>> have my commit rights removed.
>>
>> Sorry, it wasn't due to no response to Peter's thing, it was in fact
>> mostly separate and prompted by a few other things.
>
>  I was somewhat pissed because I was believing I was doing
> the right thing, that would be to not post very trivial patches
> to the list to avoid unnecessary noise. And mainly because it
> was clearly a single person taking a (well, don't know the
> correct english word, lets try) "instinctive" decision; lifes
> are lost due to these kinds of reactions...
>  The other reason "I have been pissed" for quite some time,
> is that I believe I am being a victim of some misunderstanding
> or something, maybe because I am extremely shy :-) Talk to
> anybody that knows me personally, I talk only the minimum
> necessary :-) And maybe someone thought I am being "evil",
> but yes, I am still an advocate of a GPL'ed "X Window System"

Paulo, I really like your patches and am glad that someone is going
through and doing the janitor work as well as some of the bigger
patches you've done. However, sometimes I wish you would slow down and
send patches to the list if they might cause breakage. I know that's
subjective because it's tough to say whether something is trivial or
not.

Nothing personal. :)

--
Dan