Building X from git

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Dec 20 14:53:48 PST 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 10:51:17PM +0100, Petr Štetiar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to build X from git, and I found[1], there is a script for
> this[2] task, but is little bit outdated. Before digging into it myself, does
> anybody have up-to-date script handy? Thanks.
>
> 1. http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/BuildingX
> 2. Section "Quick and easy way to install a development build"

git clone -o util/git://anongit.freedesktop.org/util/modular util/modular
./util/modular/build.sh --clone -f built.modules /opt/xorg

This clones all modules and installs them into the /opt/xorg prefix. If one
module fails, you can resume at that module with the -r flag.
./util/modular/build.sh --clone -f built.modules -r `tail -n 1 built.modules` /opt/xorg

Cheers,
  Peter