Pointer Acceleration

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Sat Dec 19 12:31:39 PST 2009

Justin Piszcz wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Lorenz Ruhmann wrote:
>> Is there a way to exactly reproduce this old behavior with the new code?
>> I don't like to rely on a scheme that is kinda considered obsolete.
[..]
> Yes, this is VERY annoying to me as well (all of the new acceleration
> methods except the old one):
You're free to choose your annoyances. However, as the OP already found
out, scaling down is an important use case and when it doesn't work well
that's a bug. Reporting it generally gets better results than piling up
grudges. Your mileage may vary.

> Add this to your:
> /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-x11-input.fdi
>
> $ cat 10-x11-input.fdi
> <match key="info.capabilities" contains="input.mouse">
>     <merge key="input.x11_options.AccelerationScheme" type="string">lightweight</merge>
> </match>
Obviously the OP knew how to switch back. I suppose he read the
documentation. BTW it's not obsolete, it's just broken for anything but
linear scaling (or none).