[Patch] Documenting pointer acceleration

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Thu Dec 17 07:33:35 PST 2009

Resending to include philip as xinput maintainer. xset doesn't have a
dedicated maintainer. Alan?

Peter Hutterer wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 03:13:30PM -0800, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>> Peter Hutterer wrote:
>>>             ^^^ typo     ^^ X.Org X Server 1.7
>> I missed that one.   Our canonical writing style is the name of
>> the X server binary has a lowercase o ("Xorg"), but the name of
>> the organization has an uppercase o after the period ("X.Org").
>
> I was mostly after explicitly stating the "server" bit, I think user's are
> already confused enough by xf86, xfree86, XFree86, Xorg, X.Org, X11R7.foo :)
I sure hope I don't add too much to that mess ;)

patches attached, I tried to also fix the wording that explains
acceleration itself this time. To me it sounded like "when the mouse
moves fast, accel will make it even faster". As much as I'd like to play
with a force-feedback mouse, that's simply not true.

Cheers,

Simon