evdev and Trust TB-5300 tablet: wrong axis labels

Daniil V. Kolpakov dan at riga.lv
Sun Dec 13 08:25:03 PST 2009

Matthew, thanks for the info!

В сообщении от 13 декабря 2009 Matthew Helsley написал(a):
> What does /proc/bus/input/devices say about your tablet? I've got a
> UC-LOGIC "Genius Pensketch 12x9" which had (and still has) some USB
> quirks. The worst was it reported the X axis as the Z axis. It turned
> out that the hid descriptor was bad and thus the kernel hid parser got
> confused. Specifying the "MULTI" quirk seemed to fix the axis
> labelling problem. You can test it and other quirks out by writing to
> a sysfs file -- though I'm looking and can't seem to find it on my
> 2.6.31 distro kernel :(.

/proc/bus/input/devices says pretty much the same as it does in your case:

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=5543 Product=0004 Version=0100
N: Name="UC-LOGIC Tablet WP5540U"
P: Phys=usb-0000:03:00.0-2/input0
S:
Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:06.0/0000:03:00.0/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0/input/input6
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=mouse2 event6
B: EV=1f
B: KEY=c01 3f0001 0 0 0 0
B: REL=303
B: ABS=100000f
B: MSC=10

I can't find any information on how to enable quirks through sysfs (and where
to get list of available quirks, too). Can you point me to some documentation
on this subject?

Support open standards! Take a look at this nice presentation:
http://www.dwheeler.com/essays/open-standards-security.pdf