ANN: xterm patch #252
dickey at radix.net
Mon Dec 7 17:10:52 PST 2009
Patch #252 - 2009/12/7
* modify title-querying logic to support retrieval of titles encoded
* add new "title-modes" control sequence for controlling whether
window/icon titles can be set or queried using UTF-8, optionally
encoded in a hexadecimal string.
* use mkdir -p rather than mkdirs.sh (prompted by discussion of mawk
by Aleksey Cheusov).
* add appropriate copyright/license notices to the bulk of files
lacking same, and modify to use identical terms in others which
used different wording. The main exceptions are the files
contributed by Markus Kuhn, who appears to prefer public domain
distribution, noting that I have modified/improved several of
these without changing the terms of distribution (request by Jari
* add control sequences for resetting the "dynamic" colors to their
* add control sequences for resetting the "special" colors to their
* add control sequences for setting the "special" colors such as
* add overlooked case for setting highlight foreground color with
the dynamic-colors control.
* add OSC 104, for resetting ANSI/16/88/256 colors to default.
* reset ANSI/16/88/256 colors to default in soft/hard reset
* strip "xft:" prefix from faceName and faceNameDoublesize resource
* add DECSCUSR (discussion with Andy Koppe).
* add check/warning on failure to load font, to see if the name
looks like an Xft pattern rather than XLFD. This can happen if
someone happens to modify their X resource settings for programs
that read data from xterm's namespace.
* modify handling of print and print-everything actions to allow the
various printer flags to be overridden by supplying parameters.
* add resource printerNewLine (request by Ovidiu Gheorghioiu).
* minor cleanup, finish using TScreenOf() and TekScreenOf() macros
introduced in patch #224.
* improve checks in ShowCursor/HideCursor to get the background
color, particularly when highlightReverse resource is used
(reports by Jan Engelhardt, Christian Weisgerber).
* correct checkVeryBoldAttr to omit comparison of foreground color
to special color values used for color resources (report by Jan
* make colorBDMode and colorULMode resources work with TrueType
configuration (report by Jan Engelhardt).
Thomas E. Dickey
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 228 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the xorg