radeonhd blank screens

Justin P. Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 11:22:03 PST 2009

On 12/07/09 09:35, Goran Gajic wrote:

> For some reason all reports regarding problems with ATI 48xx seems to be
> ignored. I also have ATI, but 4870 chipset and the only solution I have
> come up to was switching to xorg-server 1.4.2. Issue is not OS related
> behaviour is same under Linux and FreeBSD.
>
> gg.

latest git Xserver seems to be o.k. over here with
a macbook(x1600). I also am running the latest kernel from
git as well. In your case not sure what kernel your
running, but over here with the latest there's some new kms
stuff that seems to be added.(maybe this is the problem!);

hope this helps.

Justin P. Mattock