VT switch event

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Sat Dec 5 01:37:35 PST 2009

on 04/12/2009 20:26 Tiago Vignatti said the following:
> Andriy Gapon wrote:
>> Does X server send any event to its clients on VT switch?
>> In other words, is it possible for a client to get notified of such
>> event?
>> Or is it totally transparent?
>>

> no, no event is send from the X server.
>
> But why you want that?

I am actually investigating some weird behavior on my machine after VT switch,
so I was wondering if that could be caused by some "overly smart" program.

In fact, after more debugging, I see that libxklavier gets some XInput events
after VT switch as if my mouse and keyboard were new devices:
E.g.:
[1260000386,200,xklavier_evt_xkb.c:xkl_xinput_process_x_event/]         XInput
event detected: 2
[1260000386,150,xklavier_evt_xkb.c:xkl_xinput_process_x_event/]         Device
enabled: 3

--
Andriy Gapon