client side ddc/ci

Graeme Gill graeme2 at argyllcms.com
Wed Dec 2 15:39:08 PST 2009

Adam Jackson wrote:
> This has been my plan for a while.  Most of the DDC/CI controls map well
> to RANDR properties.

I'm not sure what's implied by "RANDR property" :- since monitors
vary widely in terms of what DDC/CI they support, I suspect that
at a basic level this needs to be a communication channel.
(ie. a primary motivator from my perspective is to access things like display
  lookup tables, transform matrices etc. which are not standardized).

A user level or X11 server library on top of the basic capability could
then pretty it all up in terms of accessing standard controls,
and allow for particular model knowledge and quirks.

cheers,

Graeme Gill.