[OT] e-mail license

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Wed Dec 2 07:55:27 PST 2009

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 07:47:01AM -0800, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) does not require it, though your company's implementation
> of SOX compliance policies may have chosen to inflict that on you due to
> misunderstanding.   (My employer on the other hand, requires us not to
> automatically label everything as confidential, since that just causes people
> to assume nothing really is, and destroys all value of true confidential
> labels.)

Ok, I beleive you, I don't even know too much about "SOX" just these three
letters :) But still, as an employee, I can't complain too much, and I guess
this can be true for other situations as well, if the company decides this
way, I can't do anything to mail without these disclaimers. Just using
another mail infrastructure to do my non-company related (private) messaging
which of course is a nice idea anyway too :)