client side ddc/ci

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Dec 2 01:05:02 PST 2009

Hello,

how would one talk with a monitor over DDC/CI on a user side, non root
application. I would like to do monitor gamma curves I/O, EDID polling and
other non standard communication.

The /dev/i2c-xxx device nodes are root access only on my system. I can
chmod them with o+rw, but thats shurely not the general solution.

What is a good place to start with in Xorg?

I have seen the ddc/XF64DDC.[h,c] and i2c/xf86i2c.[h,c] modules in the
server. Is already one of those APIs exposed?

As I understand, the root windows or xrandr output EDID atom is a one time
thing and too static for my needs.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--