xkb leds question

teferiincub teferiincub at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 05:41:09 PDT 2009

Good day.

The question is about the fact that whenever one chooses to switch
layouts via grp:caps_toggle - he also gets grp_led:caps. The rule is
found at rules/base.o_c.part (I have ubuntu here and downloaded it's
source code for the package). But what if one desires to have a
different behavior, for example someone uses three layouts instead of
two? And doesn't it make the option grp_led:caps almost useless?
I suggest removing automatic Caps Lock layout indication to allow users
decide whether to use caps_led as a layout indicator or not. On the
other hand this might be not your code at all. If so - could you guide
me to where I may find it's maintainer.

Yours, Zaitsev Kirill.