S-video detection on Radeon 8500LE

Martin Doucha next_ghost at quick.cz
Fri Aug 28 10:29:44 PDT 2009

Hi,
I'm trying to set up TV out on my Radeon 8500LE. During system boot, I
can see the console text on TV (connected using S-video to SCART cable)
but once X.org loads, the TV is black and xrandr says there's no S-video
connector on the card.

Every single TV out howto I've found so far starts with "make sure you
have S-video listed in xrandr" but I've never found one that says what
to do if you don't.

I've tried forcing the TV out on in xorg.conf but it doesn't help. I'm
using Gentoo Linux, xorg-server-1.6.2-901 and xf86-video-ati-6.12.2-r1

Thanks in advance,
Martin Doucha