File `-lselinux' does not exist.

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 16:52:54 PDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Justin Mattock<justinmattock at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been racking my brain on this for a few days
> without any results.
> I can compile the xserver normally, but as seen as I enable
> selinux I get an error during compilation time.
>
> make -d shows this:
>
> No need to remake target `../../xkb/libxkb.la'.
>    Considering target file `-lselinux'.
>     File `-lselinux' does not exist.

Try commenting the automake rule for libxorg_la_DEPENDENCIES in
hw/xfree86/Makefile.am. The problem is that libxorg_la_DEPENDENCIES is
defined as libxorg_la_LIBADD, which (rightly) includes -lselinux.
However, DEPENDENCIES are used as make prerequisites, so make will try
to find a file named "-lselinux". DEPENDENCIES and LIBADD need to be
untangled so that external libraries don't appear as make prereqs.

--
Dan