xorg option to switch GPU

Mateusz Kaduk mateusz.kaduk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 06:54:41 PDT 2009

Battery liveliness can be affected by many factors on GNU/Linux platform.

1) Make sure you use on demand CPU governor or powersave one.
2) Install laptop-mode-tools which can slow down your disc when on battery
3) Check your power management (in my case gnome-power-preferences) to
tune screen light and other features
4) Make sure services You use are battery safe.
For example if You use hdaps, install latest version from tp-smapi
source. This one does not poll continuously from sysfs and also saves
lots of battery.