xcalibrate

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Mon Aug 10 18:00:45 PDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 07:04:33PM +0200, Robert Schwebel wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 12:50:04PM -0400, howard wrote:
> > I'm not certain that this is exactly what you're looking for but check
> > out this link: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/proto/calibrateproto/
>
> This is the proto for the lib I quoted below:

the proto packages are used by the server and the matching library, since
those are the two components that need to understand the wire protocol.
xcalibrateproto.pc is provided by the link above, libXCalibrate provides
xcalibrate.pc

if you want to build the server, you need to check out calibrateproto. if
you want to build the lib, you need to check out both the proto and the lib.

> > > It seems that this package comes from this git tree:
> > > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/lib/libXCalibrate/
> > >
> > > But there's no release available.
> > >
> > > Is this packet obsolete?
>
> The fact that there is no release available and it's not in build.sh
> lets me assume that it is dead.

indeed.

Cheers,
  Peter