how do you close X after testing ?

howard austinghoward at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 09:45:27 PDT 2009

I'm not sure this will actually stop xorg or not, but it's worth a shot.
Try typing as root in a terminal "/etc/init.d/gmd stop" if you have
gnome. If you have KDE then try as root "kdm stop" however I'm not sure
about the path to kdm. I've also read that typing "killall X" will do
the trick, but I'm not sure about that one. You may want to read up on
it if you choose to use it.