latest git xserver fails to startx on x86_64

Justin P. Mattock justinmattock at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 23:46:19 PDT 2009

Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Justin P.
> Mattock<justinmattock at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Dave Airlie wrote:

>>> you seem to have accidentally binary driver.
>>>
>>> Dave.
>>>

>> yeah, I was trying to determine if this
>> was caused by a change in the xserver,
>> or a problem with the build of nvidia.
>> (creating a pure64 is a bit of a pain)
>>
>>  From what it seems xf86-video-vesa
>> activates the xserver.
>>
>> I think what I'll do is downgrade everything
>> with the xserver(since nvidia seems to have
>> an abi v5 and the xserver is at abi 7)
>> just to be safe.
>>

> nvidia don't support master X servers usually until they are
> released and shipping in Ubuntu.
>
> Dave.

That's no fun, what if you want
to follow with git.

I guess the best solution is to purchase
hardware that requires no proprietary mudules,
only all kernel built-in modules.

Anyways I'm glad the xserver is able to start.
Now I need to see why the xserver is not seeing
libselinux in /lib64 while its compiling, before I decide
to stay or downgrade.

regards,

Justin P. Mattock