[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel: 2.7.99.1 snapshot (now with 10% reduced fat!)

Stefano Avallone stavallo at unina.it
Thu Apr 30 02:54:38 PDT 2009

On Wednesday 29 April 2009 05:49:31 Carl Worth wrote:
> This is a development snapshot very early in the process toward
> developing 2.8. There have been some big changes to the code, and
> we're anxious to get feedback on these changes as early as possible.

I tried this snapshot with KMS/DRI2 on GM965, kernel 2.6.30-rc4, xserver
1.6.1, mesa 7.4, libdrm 2.4.9. Redirecting output on VGA now seems to work, so
I am closing bug #21250.

With 2.7.0, I was also seing some corruption similar to that of bug #21415,
especially after a couple of resume from STD. With 2.7.99.1 and after 3-4
resumes, there is no corruption at all. Maybe reporters of that bug may try
the latest snapshot as well...

Thanks,
Stefano