undefined symbols in i915_dri.so

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Wed Apr 15 21:17:54 PDT 2009

> Indeed, doing
>
>   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/x11/lib \
>   ldd -d -r i915_dri.so
>
> gives
>
>   undefined symbol: _glapi_check_multithread       (./i915_dri.so)

[...]

> Apparently the build script is missing something.  Please advise.

I found the problem.  My mistake was that I erroneously thought all
bundles accept the `distclean' target.  This is not true.  Due to a
bad compilation I had old, bad object files lying around in the `mesa'
tree; since I only called `distclean', they haven't been removed.

Any chance that a `distclean' target gets added to `mesa'?

    Werner