Documentation?

McDonald, Michael-p7438c Michael.McDonald at gdc4s.com
Thu Apr 9 12:16:46 PDT 2009

That's undoubtable true since we like to think we learn from past
mistakes. Recurring evidence to the contrary not withstanding.

But I for one think you guys did one hell of a good job coming up with
X11. There are a lot more things right with it than there are wrong.
Most of those 20 year old programs do still work. You can't say that
about a lot of systems.

> But you've
> just heard the complaints from others on this thread who have
> (*demonstrably*) broken programs from 20 years ago who complain about
> any change at all.
>                            - Jim

Uhhh, I still use Xmh as my mail reader and ctwm without the "glorious"
transparent menus for my Unix/Linux desktop. So I tend to side with the
"stick in the mud" crowd. I, personally, am not against adding new
functionality. I just like my existing stuff to keep working. I also
side with the "you broke it, you fix it" philosophy instead of the
current "if someone is still using that, let them fix it" trend.

Mike McDonald