How can I refresh keycode to keysym mapping?

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Wed Apr 8 07:47:53 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-08 at 21:35 +0800, Edward wrote:
> Hi,
> Thank you very much. That must be the solution,but I am developing a
> QT application how can I listen MappingNotify ? I think all events
> will be sent to QT I don't know how to catch it

MappingNotify is actually a non-optional event; it's sent to all clients
whether they want it or not.

However it looks like qt4 already gets this right: it calls
XRefreshKeyboardMapping when it gets MappingNotify, and then calls
QKeyMapper::changeKeyboard() to update its internal state.  So you
should probably use the QKeyMapper API instead.

- ajax