How to install Xnest in slax?

michael mitzelburg michael.mitzelburg at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 00:56:49 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I am actually have already seen a lot of similiar problems with those who
uses Xnest. However, I can not figure this problem for slax distro.  The
output error for #Xnest -query 192.168.0.2 :1 is below :

_XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open soc
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22942333/Xorg.1.log Xorg.1.log ket for inet6
_XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/slax:10
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6
XDMCP warning: INET6 UDP socket creation failed
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/OTF, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/Type1, removing from list!

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

I tried to copy a folder of Type1 font from Ubuntu to /usr/share/fonts in
Slax, however it did not work (the same error still occured). I managed to
remove the "could not init font..." by commenting them in Xorg.conf, however
a same problem still occured for "could not open default font 'fixed'".

In the FAQ section of X, it is stated that I need to find a 'fixed' font and
put it in /usr/share/font/misc. However, I could not find any 'fixed' font
in Ubuntu distro (tried to copy the file to slax). Where can I get a 'fixed'
font?

I attach my error (xorg.conf).

Thank you