Using Xorg, XDM seems to be ignoring my keyboard

Pantherman Wolfit at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:53:55 PDT 2009

I installed GNOME some time ago on my laptop, but liked the enlightened
window manger better, so i went back and installed the Ubuntu system with
the "Alternate" CD installing only the Linux base and using Apt-get install
to install Xorg, GDM and e16.

Keyboard works fine in the console and all the ALT-F1-F6 consoles, but not
in GDM. In GDM neither the keybaord or mouse work (Both worked when I was
using GNOME). Are there some Xorg drivers that I'm not installing that I
need to?

Pantherman