radeon driver problems with out zoomed pics firefox

Jethro Tull heavytull at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:02:11 PDT 2009

1-I'm running the default slack12.2 with firefox 3.0.6
 In Firefox many pictures (i think only .jpg files) on websites appear
 black when they are scaled under 100%.
 I have to switch the full scale view to be see them.

2-when i run the game njam from a console it dumps some lines which say that no hw_acceleration is found.
Though when i run as root while X's running as user it first says "No protocol specified" and then says hw_acceleratio is available.
Normally root cannot run any graphical program when X is running from user. the actual user has to allow root with xhost.
but only for njam root is being able to use X without permission.