multihead / dual input howto (two local users, keyboards etc.)?

Mader, Alexander (N-MSR) Alexander.Mader at niles.de
Tue Sep 30 00:02:47 PDT 2008

Hugo Vanwoerkom schrieb:
> I run such a 2-seater under Debian Sid. 2 cards/monitors/keyboards/mice/servers. But the recent xorg (1:7.3+10) gives an error message:

Hello,

perhaps an update would help as the current xorg for sid is 1:7.3+17[1].
Furthermore I am running a multi seat environment with this server w/o
problems using a PCI- and an AGP-card(*).

> Bus types other than PCI not yet isolable
> command=/usr/bin/X1 :0 -layout X1 -dpi 110 -deferglyphs 16 -isolateDevice \"PCI:1:0:0\" vt7
> command=/usr/bin/X0 :1 -layout X0 -dpi 110 -deferglyphs 16 -isolateDevice \"PCI:0:8:0\" -sharevts

You are obviously referring to PCI devices so I cannot see a reason
other then hard to find violation of syntax ;-) for the server to
complain, but that is perhaps my problem :-)

For a test would you just drop the -isolateDevice statements from the
*dm.conf lines and try the BusID statement in the respective "Device"
sections of your xorg.conf? For instance something like

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Foo"
	Driver		"somedriver"
	BusID		"PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Bar"
	Driver		"someotherdriver"
	BusID		"PCI:0:8:0"
EndSection

Have fun & good luck :-) Alexander.

[1]http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=xserver-xorg&searchon=names&suite=unstable&section=all
(*)I am using a third, dummy X server to initialise all the stuff but I
don't know whether this is really necessary.