Bus types other than PCI not yet isolable

Tiago Vignatti vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br
Mon Sep 29 10:34:41 PDT 2008

Hugo Vanwoerkom escreveu:
> I run a 2-seater (2 videocards/servers/mice/keyboards/monitors) on Debian Sid.
> That works successfully with xorg 1:7.2-5 (that's Debian's designation). So that's an installation that has not been upgraded recently.
>
> Under the recent upgrades with xorg  1:7.3+10 that doesn't work anymore and I get 'Bus types other than PCI not yet isolable'.
>
> The relevant isolatedevice's are:
>
> command=/usr/bin/X1 :0 -layout X1 -dpi 110 -deferglyphs 16 -isolateDevice \"PCI:1:0:0\" vt7
>
> command=/usr/bin/X0 :1 -layout X0 -dpi 110 -deferglyphs 16 -isolateDevice \"PCI:0:8:0\" -sharevts
>
> Can anybody shed light on the reason for that error message that now appears but used to work OK?

(I'm not sure what version of Xorg is in Debian Sid but I presume is 7.4
or newer)

Since Xorg started to use libpciaccess (introduced in 7.4), we don't
build a method to post secondary cards on server. Sigh. I'll try to
adventure on this issue soon -- after my other pending work [0].

Cheers,

[0] server's input threadification.

--
Tiago Vignatti
C3SL - Centro de Computação Científica e Software Livre