Having a two displays with driver "intel" (e.g. :0.0 and :0.1)

Romain Chossart romainchossart at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 12:31:39 PDT 2008

Hi,

I would like to know if there was a possibility to use "intel" drivers
(not i810) with *two displays* (e.g. :0.0 and :0.1) but only *one X
server*.
I could do it with i810 drivers, but then I switched to the "intel"
one, which is better in many ways, but not for my dual screen purpose
!
I'm currently using a xrandr-like conf, but it has many issues, like :
- No possibility to put 2 different isntances of window managers
- Maximizing takes whole "virtual" screen
- Mouse can be in "emptyness" part of the screen (because i have 2
different monitor resolutions)

I am really getting mad about this, because I spent days (*really*)
seeking a configuration like that.

Thanks in advance,

--
Romain Chossart