Getting xorg-7.4 from git ?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 09:04:42 PDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 01:14 -0700, David Sharp wrote:
>> this could be made easier by tagging releases for the katamari with a
>> common tag, like "Xorg-7.4"
>
> And even easier with a super-module repository that would just need one
> tag. Didn't Zack even prototype such a thing once? Has anyone looked
> into how reasonable it would be to use such a thing for releases?
>
> I've heard some claim that the supermodule approach wouldn't work well
> for just tracking the latest development at the tip of all the master
> branches, but it sounds perfect for tracking releases.

One thing Eric Anholt did for Xorg-7.3 was tag the util/modular repo.
So, at least you had a module list that was tagged for the Xorg
release, which is better than trawling through the src archive to
determine released versions.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/util/modular/tag/?id=XORG-7_3
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/util/modular/tree/module-list.txt?id=6a1b7410e5b1738115daa1c0f23a4368cdd9a7b3

It'd be nice if we could get the same for 7.4, just for future reference. Ajax?

--
Dan