Creating a touch screen driver

Søren Hauberg hauberg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 02:36:14 PDT 2008

2008/9/26 Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net>:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 03:19:51PM +0200, Søren Hauberg wrote:
>> [...] now I guess I'll  have to write an X driver that'll handle the
>> touchscreen. The kernel module I'm targeting is using evdev, so that's the
>> API I'll be working against.
>>   So, my question is: should I attempt to extend the X11 evdev driver,
>
> yes please. as long as you can keep the parts you need generic (i.e. not
> restricted to your screen) evdev is the way to go.

Thanks, that should also be easier for me :-)
One thing I need is to be able to set calibration parameters without
restarting X. I get the impression that I should be using 'Device
Properties' for this. Since these are quite new I guess they are still
undocumented, but is there a place where they are used, such that I
can read the code?

> I'll be happy to take patches.

I'll do my best to provide some then :-) But as you can see from my
mails, this is new territory for me...

Søren